.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: USA

The last few years have been great to me, as i was able to clobber the S&P500 many times in returns. But of course, you can't make a living trading the markets if you don't make great great returns. I'll try to give my readers trades that i think will make them money. However, you need to have money management skills, in order not to lose everything on a greedy or stupid trade. I may or may not already be in the trades i recommend. I may or may not trade the stocks i recommend. Due diligence is required on your part and the usual disclaimer that i am not responsible for your losses always apply. I have no affiliations with any broker/dealer and all posts are for educational purposes only. Remember to 'refresh' the home page and the "Comments" pages frequently in order to receive updated posts. Let's rock!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

RVBD encore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I first recommended RVBD @ $15-$16 for the intermediate to longer term hold. I still like it alot. And on Friday, Jim Cramer lit the fire underneath it by recommending RVBD. Afterhours gapped the stock to $21.

I am very confident in the back of my mind that RVBD will eventually be a 10-bagger or even 15-bagger. I believe RVBD is the next NTAP (Network Appliance) in the making. NTAP currently is a 14 billlion dollar company while RVBD is only a 1 billion dollar company. RVBD is growing like a weightlifter on steroids. 500% revenue growth!

buy buy buy!

Intermediate to longer term play. I recommend holding it for at least 1 year.

Please try not to buy on this gap up. Wait for the fade.

7 Comments:

Blogger beanie11111 said...

RVBD has a market cap slightly over 1 billion. NTAP currently has a market cap of about 15 billion. When i say that RVBD is the next NTAP, what i mean is that RVBD will grow to as big a company as NTAP. That should give RVBD a 15-bagger if it were to grow to as big as NTAP.

With their (RVBD) revenue grow that is staggering (500%!) and their seriously hot product, i don't see why RVBD can't grow to the size of NTAP. Of course, eventually, RVBD would need to be profitable.

They both have hardware that is much needed for corporations that utilize data and the internet. RVBD is so reminescent of NTAP when NTAP first became a public company years ago.

Sat Oct 14, 01:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger beanie11111 said...

SAI:

I own alot of this stock. I had the chance to do some research into this defense contractor and i am really impressed.

I suggest you read their 2006 earnings .pdf report on their website. http://www.saic.com/

You can put some of this in your 401k.

Sat Oct 14, 01:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger beanie11111 said...

SAI:

2005 earnings report and 2004 earnings report are available as well.

http://investors.saic.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=193857&p=irol-reportsAnnual

Sat Oct 14, 01:30:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beanie,
Yes, I still holds some 516 shares of
RVBD, half of it I bought around 16.70 and half around 18.60. I was planning to buy more when I read about Cramer's
endorsement. Would it still be a good buy at 20-21?

Sat Oct 14, 10:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger beanie11111 said...

sgv,

yes i would. RVBD is headed to 25 in short order.

But wait for the fade (selloff) of the gap up before adding.

Sun Oct 15, 01:08:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beanie hi,

New here... What do you think about MRVL? it's been beaten heavily with backdating etc. but can it shoot back up? is it worth the risk?

Sun Oct 15, 12:46:00 PM EDT  
Blogger beanie11111 said...

Amir,

i think MRVL bottomed at 16 (assuming the options backdating doesn't get any worst). I would generally stay away from options backdating companies because you don't really know how much they really made in the past. However, MRVL seems to making money hand over fist regardless of the scandal. On the other hand, they did pre-announce a bad quarter. Still, in a tech rally, investors tend to be more forgiving. I think MRVL is in a bottoming process. $16 should hold.

Cramer seems to like MRVL.

Sun Oct 15, 03:52:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home